This book was originally published in 1998 and was somewhat hard to find. I finally found a used copy that someone with a VERY bright yellow highlighter owned.
Years ago, when we first began homeschooling, a mom shared the following quote on a blog post (and it cited this book as the source, which was what originally drew me to the title) :
Never allow yourself to complain about anything - not even the weather.
Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else.
Never compare your lot with another's.
Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
Never dwell on tomorrow - remember that (tomorrow) is God's, not ours.
I was intrigued by these precepts and copied them down. But then life unfolded, and I forgot about the book. And then last year, another special needs mom recommended the title again so I pulled it out and put it on my TBR shelf with plans to read it soon.
This past week was the perfect time for me to read this, and I am so glad that I did.
I highly recommend tracking down a copy of this book (I just checked and not only is it now available on k!ndle, @m@zon also offers it in paperback - NEW! I guess it was re-printed in 2020, which is awesome!)
No comments:
Post a Comment