Saturday, July 11, 2026

Hard days, unmet goals, and some good (& not so good) books that I have read...

Well, it has been a bit since I posted - 

We have had a lot of hard days recently.  I don't know what else to say about it - except that it has been hard.

It is July.  

Which means we are half way through the year.  

So, naturally, I take a quick look around to see the status of any goals I set back in December/January.  And, almost always, it is a bit discouraging to see how little progress I've made.  This year is no different, but after a conversation with a friend this past week I realize maybe I need to change how I look at progress.  

So, with that conversation in mind, I took another glance at our year and I see little pockets of growth.  One day, one week, or one month - I had a set number of challenges to complete and when I reframe how I define progress, I feel encouraged rather than discouraged.  Life isn't linear (in our case it is more like a wild roller coaster), so why should I expect growth/progress to be?

I cannot remember the last book I logged on here, so I will just highlight the ones that I am enjoying :

Emma M. Lion series (seriously - if you haven't read/listened to this - you NEED to!), two more in the Brand of Justice series by Lisa Phillips (picking this back up from last summer), and a few odds and ends books.  Reading this year hasn't been as easy or as instinctive as the past few years, but I am ever so thankful for the 52 weeks reading challenge (LESTER)!! It keeps me moving forward when I would be tempted to just give up.

I am in the middle of 2 Chronicles with the smattering of Psalms that are so very lovely sprinkled in (chronological plan), and I am working my way through the Book of James study by John MacArthur.  

No comments:

Post a Comment