Thursday, March 14, 2019

Well...

we've all gotten sick now.

It has been miserable.

I still have a really, really sore throat and we are still laying around much of the day.

Ick.

I just read a post on one of my favorite, favorite blogs and it inspired me to post a to-be read list here.   Since I've been really, really remiss in my personal reading life, I thought this post might encourage/remind me to pick up one of these in my next quiet moment :

The Hidden Life of Prayer by David McIntyre (I'm working through this slowly)
Gospel by J.D. Greear (I'm also working through this one slowly)
Suffering by Paul David Tripp
The Book of Mysteries by Jonathan Cahn (using this as a daily devotional right now)
Journey to the Cross by Will Walker (also using this as a daily devotional right now)
False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen (need to pre-read for my girls)
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge (need to pre-read for my girls)
Praying Hyde The Life of John Hyde by E.G. Carre
Teaching to Change Lives by Dr. Howard Hendricks (reading this one, have been reading it off and on for a while - need to finish it!)
The Book Girl (am reading this and LOVE it)
Sweep: the Story of a Girl and her Monster by Jonathan Auxier (this is going to be a read aloud as soon as we feel better, I hope!)
The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart (need to pre-read for my girls)

The girls and I are currently reading George Mueller by Janet and Geoff Benge (we have absolutely FALLEN in love with the Christian Heroes Now and Then series๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™) and The Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson.  We really, really, REALLY like this book so far.  And for fun, I am finally reading the Mysterious Benedict Society (trilogy) by Trenton Lee Stewart (my girls have already completed these and LOVED them).

1 comment:

  1. This is a good list of books. Suffering by Paul Tripp is on my list of things to be read. I have Peter Nimble on my shelf to read.

    ReplyDelete