Monday, May 3, 2021

It's May!!

I cannot believe it is May already.  Five months into the year, it just seems like it has zoomed by.  Our oldest had a birthday last month kicking off the celebrations around here.  Each month from now until Christmas holds so many things to celebrate - birthdays, anniversaries, mother's and father's day....so much to look forward to.  I am also excited because our doctor appointments are starting to wind down (in terms of frequency).  I hate seasons like the one that we are wrapping up - on the highway almost everyday - spending hours of our week driving to and fro...it does allow for some great conversations - but I love being home.  I love teaching my girls.  I love reading aloud.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband working from home.  I do not love when I miss the mornings or afternoons (or worse BOTH) with him here.  

I read the MOST beautiful, challenging book last week.  Captive in Iran by Maryam Rostampour and Marziyeh Amirizadeh.  (Anne Graham Lotz wrote the forward).  These two women spent time in prison, in one of the most notoriously brutal prisons on earth, for their faith.  INCREDIBLE.  Not only were they imprisoned for their faith, but they continually shared and relied on the truth of Who Jesus is without wavering.  This story is like reading a modern day version of The Hiding Place.  Highly recommend it!!

I wish you and yours a gloriously beautiful Monday 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment