Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Clean Mama's Guide to a Peaceful Home

Roughly fifteen years ago I first heard of the Fly Lady routine and it sounded amazing...the only problem was I that had a baby and two toddlers.  To say life was overwhelming was an understatement.  So I gave up and just did what I needed to do get by, but nothing stellar or amazing and made little to no progress on clutter.  Which always seems to multiply faster than it should.

Years later I stumbled across a cleaning post from one of my favorite bloggers Roan (Joyful Johnsons - her link's on my side bar).  She did a post about the Clean Mama routine and I was intrigued.  I searched and found the Clean Mama blog, read her idea of a cleaning schedule routine, and decided to give it a try.  I found her routine to be so much easier for me than Fly Lady's, but still cleaning and organizing - creating that habit and sticking to it - those are two of the most difficult habits for me to stay on top of.

So when I saw Becky Rapinchuk's (aka Clean Mama) book, I knew I wanted to read it, because like I said, even after all of these years of trying...this habit is still one I consistently fail at.  

Honestly, I can't remember now if I saw this book at Target and snagged it or if I ordered it from Amazon?  Either way, I got it with the intention of reading it immediately...and then a year passed πŸ˜’. 

*sigh*

Becky describes this book as a love letter to your home.  It is an interactive book that is full of great ideas, encouragement, and practical instructions on how to form the habits that are the heart of the "clean mama routine".  I love the reminder on page xiii *of the intro* that says "The goal isn't to reach perfection: your only task is to find the best way of doing what needs to be done for your home and family."

As always when you tackle one area of your life, it will spill over into others.  Tidying is about so much more than just dusting and vacuuming.  It is about discipline and contentment and consistency.  It is about tackling and limiting those distractions that creep in and steal time and sabotage your priorities and goals.  I am so glad I made the time to read this book. 

*bonus* she lists her tried and true recipes at the end (*not to eat*).  The other book I am reading this week is Peach Cobbler Murder by Joanna Fluke (πŸ’–YES πŸ’–it is the series that 'Murder She Baked' from Hallmark is based on!!!!) and it also contains some recipes - those though you can eat!!  πŸ˜‹

No comments:

Post a Comment