Saturday, June 4, 2022

The Maze Runner

I read this book years ago. I vaguely remember parts of it, but decided it was time for a re-read.  The month of May bamboozled me and I needed something easy and engaging to finish the month.  

I like how the book begins - bam - you're right in the middle of something, feeling the angst and confusion right alongside Thomas - trying to figure out what in the heck is going on.  It takes a little bit *even as a re-read* to get used to reading the words they have made up, but soon enough you are right there with them - hearts pounding - running the maze, trying to figure out how Thomas and the 'new girl' are connected, and just what are those horrible Grievers?!  

I think I will go ahead and just re-read the entire series.  In thinking back, I am fairly certain I never actually finished it.  I am almost positive I read book one and book two, but for some reason I lent out the series before I read the third one.  And then, I think it took the person so long to return my books, I moved on to other things and just never came back to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment