Saturday, July 23, 2022

Sense and Second-Degree Murder

by Tirzah Price -  (a retelling of Sense and Sensibility as a mystery/crime)

OH.MY.GOODNESS.  I think this has to be one of my MOST favorite books from this year so far.  We ended up traveling a bit unexpectedly, so I listened to it while driving and the narrator (Morag Sims) made this SO utterly delightful.  

With the cast of characters operating under the same names and mostly under the same personalities - this was SUCH a neat retelling of this beloved classic.  After Elinor discovers her father's body in his study slumped over his desk, their mother descends into a deep grief, so it is up to the three Dashwood sisters to investigate the suspicious death....

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and if you like audio books, the audible version is truly SO enchanting).  

I also absolutely adore the Harry Potter series and have read/listened to it countless times, so I was excited to see this week's challenge to revisit an old book.  As I re-listened to it at night while falling asleep, I realized it was as if I packed myself away to visit an old friend whom I haven't seen in a while. DELIGHTFUL.  Don't you just love rereading and re-listening to favorite books?  

Well, I have to get some sleep...I hope you had a great reading week 💟

No comments:

Post a Comment