Thursday, July 14, 2022

What I read this week...

I finished book three in the Snow Queen series...actually I failed to realize they each have their own title - ha!  Number one's official title is Heart of Ice, number two is called Sacrifice and number three (technically she refers to it as 2.5) is called Snowflakes.  I own the kindle version and as a three-in-one, so I guess that is how I missed the individual titles.  Anyway - I LOVE this trilogy.  It is sooooo beautiful.  The third one is indeed a collection of short stories that falls before, during, and after the first two stories.  Now that I am done, I want to go back and read at least the first one again, because I understand so much more now, more about Rakel, more about Steinar and Oskar and Halvor...and I want to reread the story from that perspective.  Highly recommend this trilogy by K.M. Shea.

I am almost done reading a book called Half-Magic.  Technically this is a children's book, but I LOVE it.  It is written by Edgar Eager and has all the necessary components of a great story - imagination, enchanting characters, amazing adventures, and unexplainable events.  The best part?  They love to read!!!  I've loved every single moment of this enchanting book, I can't wait to finish it (hopefully tomorrow!!)

I am slowly plodding along with my Bible reading, I decided to pull over - so to speak - and dive a bit deeper into Romans, so obviously I will not be finishing the New Testament in 90 days..  This summer, I haven't wanted to read it, I have wanted to dig deeper and meditate on it.  I'm also continuing on with The Studies in the Sermon on the Mount.

So, hope you guys had an amazing week (today is my husband's birthday!!!!  I love birthdays!) - have a beautiful weekend 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment