Friday, August 5, 2022

The Wild Swans by K.M. Shea

This has been a very long and very miserable week.  

It actually started last week when I was hit by what I thought was just a cold.  Except it wasn't just a cold...it was Covid.  

To top it off even our dog and our rabbit were sick (although not with Covid - they both ended up on antibiotics and steroids and/or pain meds).  And let me tell you - when you are sick - there is little that is more miserable than trying to force meds down a rabbit.  

Anyway - I'm just finishing up the book I chose for this week... and to be honest, I did not like this retelling.  I am not sure if it is the brain fog, or the fact that this fairytale (The Wild Swans) is one of my girls' favorites and we have read LOTS of translations and this translation just didn't suit?  Or if it was the choppy writing?  The writing in this book felt rushed and a bit sloppy compared to the other four books of hers that I have now read.  Either way, this was not her best work and I did not enjoy reading it. 

I am still so very exhausted, but I am hoping that our energy returns soon.  Because laying around all day or having to take an hour nap to recover from washing dishes is not my idea of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment