Saturday, May 27, 2023

Submerged

by Dani Pettrey

I love this author.  I found her through Gretchen and am so thankful that I did.  This is the first in a five (or six?) book series - a mystery set in Alaska.  Since the publication date is May of 2012, this also counts as a May Calendar of Crime entry!  

Soooo, the funny thing about this book is when I went to check it out of the library - it said the kindle version was already downloaded.  I thought that was weird - come to find out - I OWN the book!  Since 2016!!  It apparently had been free on kindle and I snagged it, promptly forgot about it, and now seven years later am reading it!  How crazy is that?!?

Well, since we are still lying around, feeling a bit better, but still pretty crummy and tired I am reading a lot more than usual.  And since my teens/young adults have so many underlying chronic health issues/special needs...this "minor cold" is going to take weeks to completely recover from.  In the meantime, I am thankful for a smattering of good books to help ease the hard days.

I LOVE Dani Pettrey.  

She writes excellent mystery/suspense novels and displays her love of Christ in such a neat way.  I can totally relate to her characters - they are so real, so human, and yet so hungry for the life that Christ offers.  

Bailey has a past that she is desperate to bury and forget.  When her Aunt Agnes passes away and she is forced to return to Yancey, Alaska she is almost beside herself with anxiety at the thought of facing all of the people who know the girl that she used to be.  But when the dead bodies begin to stack up and the answers are slow in coming...her stay is extended.  How is her Aunt Agnes tied up in this?  Can she trust Cole to hold her heart gently and see her for who she is now, forgetting and forgiving what she was then?  

HIGHLY recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment