Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Welcome to Fae Cafe

by Jennifer Kropf

After the EPICALLY awful week last week (we were without water for three days, had a plumbing disaster, our garage door (which we had just had fixed the week before) broke again, it was just an awful, horrible, no good, very bad week.

After all of that...I was excited to start a new, fresh week and what better way to begin a week than for a book to release that you have been waiting for?!?!

PS I am so excited that her book was the one that I read to reach my goal for the year!  This was my 104th book I read this year!

I am copy/pasting my review from Goodreads here :

Someone introduced me to Jennifer Kropf earlier this year when they recommended one of her books: Soul Cold as Frost. After reading the first book, I tore through the entire Winter Soul series (since re-reading them multiple times each). I was SO, so excited when I found out she was releasing a new book this fall and have been anxiously awaiting its release date. I was happily surprised when I found out the audible version was due to release a few days early...

I LOVED it! It was such a great book. I love Jennifer Kropf's writing style, her humor, the character perspectives we are treated to. The friendships, coffee (yum!) and chocolate chip cookies...

Chapter one is titled "Kate Kole and a Morning Cup of Murder" - isn't that the best title for the first chapter? Kate loves coffee and loves to read and she accidentally finds herself as the focal point of a Prince Fae and his three assassin guards after that doomed cup of coffee (that was supposed to be enjoyed while she was sipping said cup of yumminess, tucked into her table, mostly minding her own business). What unfolds is a hilariously touching story of friendship and love and the importance of someone's "real" name. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment